Nephrology is the subspecialty of Medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the kidneys. The department of Nephrology at MOSC Medical College takes care of patients with kidney diseases and is involved in their diagnosis and management. Diseases including Acute and chronic renal failure, Acute Glomerulonephritis, Fluid and electrolyte imbalances, Inherited Renal Disorders, Pediatric kidney problems, Poisonings and refractory hypertension are some of the diseases managed by consultants of the Department.
Nephrology out Patient services is located in the fourth floor of the Medical College building.
10.30 AM to 5 PM
- Dr Kishore S Dharan MD, DM(Vellore), Consultant & Head
- Dr Satish B MD, DNB, Consultant
- The dialysis unit is equipped with 24 state of the art dialysis machines and monitoring facilities. The unit functions round the clock and caters to both chronic and acute renal failure patients and poisoning. The unit is supported by well experienced staff and is specialised in dialysis of critically ill patients. It is also equipped to do plasmapheresis, a procedure to remove toxins from blood in autoimmune disorders
- Peritoneal dialysis catheter insertion and Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis
- Charcoal Hemoperfusion for poisoning
- Out Patient and In patient services
- Ultrasound guided Percutaneous Renal Biopsy
- Approved centre for Renal Transplantation
- Transplant follow up